Become A Volunteer
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Studios.
We would love for you to join us! We are looking for individuals who are interested in helping Studios on the Park be successful.
This is a very exciting time for us! Our organization is just developing and we’re looking for people who want to participate first-hand in the creation of this unique place. We can utilize any and all skills you may have to offer. Assist with our Kids Art Smart program. Work from home making press kits or thank you letters. Lead a tour of the building. Greet the public at the Festival of the Arts. We will do our best to match your skills, interests and availability with our needs.
We are looking for volunteers to help in each of these nine areas:
Volunteers are asked to attend a training and orientation session to learn more about the organization’s goals and needs, meet some of the Studios on the Park team, gain some specific communication skills and get answers to any questions you may have. At the training/orientation and immediately afterwards, we will help you identify the most effective volunteer role for you within one of the nine teams listed above. All activities, whether highly visible or completely behind-the-scenes, have a direct impact on the quality of experience Studios on the Park offers to the public.
Your contribution of time and resources is critical in helping us accomplish our mission and vision. You help to make the visual arts available to our community, build a strong foundation for Studios on the Park and expand our programs.
What We Expect From You
When you join Studios on the Park as a volunteer, we ask you to:
• Commit to a volunteering schedule that works for you.
• Abide by the policies and procedures of Studios.
• Abide by the Studios Volunteer Handbook & Agreement.
• Attend a general volunteer orientation and any training sessions required for your volunteer position.
• Attend education programs and Studios events, as provided, to enhance your knowledge of Studios on the Park and your professional skills.
• Collaborate with staff and other volunteers, accepting supervision and evaluation of your volunteer work.
• Communicate clearly and frequently with staff, other volunteers, and Studios artists. Your ideas, comments and feedback are welcome.
• Volunteers may be asked to successfully pass a criminal history background check.
We encourage you to contribute as much as you are able and willing. We know you have a busy life, and fitting this in can be challenging, but commit to giving what you're able, and we’re certain you’ll find it worthwhile!
What You Can Expect From Us
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic, supportive, art-loving group. We will do our best to offer you a rewarding experience volunteering with Studios on the Park. We’re all about the art of creation, and we’re glad you decided to join us. Thank you!
Ready To Apply?
Download an application here or contact Sasha Irving (805.238.9800 or firstname.lastname@example.org)